Xi meets with Philippine President Duterte
President Xi Jinping met with Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte at the Diaoyutai State Guest House in Beijing on Thursday evening.
Xi at the meeting said the current international and regional landscape is undergoing profound and complex changes, but peace, development, and win-win partnerships remain the unstoppable trend of the times.
Xi said he stands ready to work with Duterte to guide the development of Sino-Philippines relations to bring benefits to the two nations and two peoples, and also add positive energy to regional peace and stability.
Duterte is on a five-day working visit to China starting Wednesday. This is his fifth visit to China since he took office in 2016.
- Overseas study no longer only for the elite
- Algae-plagued lake in east China gets cleaner
- Blood donation facilities introduced into Tibet
- 'Nerd' finds success and makes friends with Friends
- Washington slammed over Solomons remark
- Guangzhou Customs focus on travelers using their bodies to smuggle drugs